Today’s post we are continuing with my holiday theme by giving you 12 options if you live in Arizona and are looking for fun trips or activities to do with a spouse, family members, kiddos, etc before the new year.
I have rounded up 12 events in 5 different cities sure to find one that sparks your interest! 🙂 I also left links and a small description of the events down below.
- I go to this almost every year when I am home. they basically open up the zoo at night and put Christmas lights everywhere while the animals are put away sleeping. they have food opened up as well and I always need a churro and a hot chocolate. It is super fun if you’re with a group, or romantic if you’re looking for a date idea!
- If you follow me on Instagram you would know that I went to this on Christmas Eve Eve with my family. It reminds me a lot of Isle of Lights in Winfield (a small town right next to Arkansas City when I lived in Kansas). It’s a drive-through light show synched to music and each day it is different songs and different patterns.
- Lights of The World
- This event is exactly as it sounds. It is basically a modern-day light & lantern festival located at the Arizona StateFair Grounds. I have always wanted to go because I love the fair atmosphere & it is Arizona’s largest light show. Plus it is culturally enriching to see.
- City Skate Ice Rink
- Downtown Phoenix has a real ice rink every year with a huge Christmas tree smack dab in the middle. this year the Phoenix Art Museum is bringing to life a pop art display next to the rink, for people like me who cant skate, to walk around and enjoy the art while they wait for their loved ones to be done skating.
- Fiesta Bowl Parade
- I used to go to this with my parents and sister when I was much younger. I would collect those little blow horns every year and we would mark a date on them, I think I collected around 7. My favorite part you may ask? Getting to watch the marching bands play. there are all sorts of floats and sometimes special guests I remember John Cena made an appearance one time.
- Glendale Glitters
- This is a holiday lighting event in historic downtown Glendale. Lighting a pathway for 16 blocks while you shop the boutiques for loved ones, or get a bite to eat at one of the restaurants in town. there will be holiday decor, and displays, a horse-drawn carriage ride, and a spot to take family photos in front of their Christmas Tree.
- Festival of Lights
- This is also something I have been interested in for a long time in Lake Havasu. They have this holiday tradition every year strolling through London Village and admiring the bridge you’ll see lights on boats passing through and all across the square. There is also an annual swim race (Remember it only gets to 60 here in December) through the chanel.
- Polar Express
- This would be a fun experience for any kiddo that loves trains, wilderness, and storytime. You can ride a train through Williams, Arizona to the North Pole to see Santa. There is a live story reading about the history of the Polar Express while you’re drinking hot Chocolate!
- Bearizona Wild Wonderland
- This is your basic Christmas time fun in Flagstaff where you can make holiday arts & crafts, play with animals, and there is a huge light show they put on. It is based in Flagstaffs Wildlife Park.
- Fort Tut Hill
- I went here last year! My family and I spent the day in Flagstaff to sled and play in the snow. I had so much fun and it is extremely kid-friendly. There were food trucks and it was easy to find parking and trek up the hill.
- This was a humongous event that I went to recently. My best friends live in Tucson and invited me to a weekend of fun. I went the week before finals so I studied all day and then went to this huge light show that night. Every house has a different section, we saw Stranger Things, Disney, Star Wars, classic Christmas, Cars, etc. It was all beautiful and I captured a lot of photos.
- 4th Ave Winter Street Fair
- This was my favorite place to explore in the Dirty-T. They always have some type of event going on and I’ve been to their street fair in the spring it was so fun. This one is fairly similar they have artists booths, stage entertainment, and amazing street food.